Networker

Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 backup issue

2011-12-03 20:13:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMM 2.3 backup issue
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:11:21 -0600
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:32 PM, craig yurchison
<networker-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Ok I am still having issues getting the nmm to work, if I let the system
> account run the networker service the backups will fail with error about
> rejecting the administrator-snapshot request.
>
> I have the fqdn and short names in the admin list with all variations of
> system and administrator.  I have tried all upper case and all lower case.
>
> I did notice that if I simply add the account system to the admin list with
> no client or hostname after it, I can get the backups to run.  This is not
> the way we want the admin list to be configured.  I do have other systems
> that are being successfully backed up with the NMM using the system account
> on the local machine.
>
> Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I've the same issue.  My Exchange 2010 mailbox hosts are dual-homed,
and backup over their secondary interfaces just fine after entering
all FQDN and shortnames for all interfaces as client aliases.  But
none of those FQDN or shortnames work for administrator permissions
for NMM.