Networker

Re: [Networker] nsradmin questions

2011-12-01 20:13:08
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsradmin questions
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 20:11:29 -0500
On 2011-12-01 19:00, Preston de Guise wrote:
Hi George,

On 2011-12-01 18:52, George Sinclair wrote:
1. Is there a way to stop a running group from within nsradmin? If nmc
isn't working, what's the best way to stop a group without having to
kill the savegrp command?

Never mind. It looks like I have to turn on the hidden option, and then it
shows up as 'stop now:' True [False]. Sheesh! Why would you want that option
hidden? I guess it doesn't have anything to do with the basic group
configuration ... maybe?

2. Any way to jump right to the group you want so you can disable it or
edit the resource? nsradmin doesn't display them in alphabetical order,
and iterating over all of them is time consuming. I can run a query to
print the information, but if I need to edit it, how can I get to the
affected group quickly from nsradmin?

Still need help with this one, though.

What about:

nsradmin>  print type: NSR group; name: groupName

?

I was actually looking to edit it, but I see from the other posts that I just needed to use the edit command and can even target a specific group as opposed to the all the groups.

You may find some value in my nsradmin micromanual which takes you through a
lot of basic nsradmin usage scenarios. It's available at the NetWorker Hub -
http://nsrd.info/micromanuals.html

Yes, that could be very helpful. Is that manual free? What's involved in the registration?

Thanks again.

George

Cheers,
Preston.

George Sinclair
Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210
- The preceding message is personal and does not reflect any official or unofficial position of the United States Department of Commerce -