Networker

Re: [Networker] How to create a user to only monitor backups

2011-11-23 16:56:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to create a user to only monitor backups
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:56:07 -0500
Mack,

I hate to state the obvious here, but are you using DPA with reporting?
They would not have to monitor anything, when the job is completed or at
the anticipated completion time you run your completion report and an
email is sent with the results of same to both You and your client.

Option #2, less pretty but also works, completion email sent via
networker. This will tell you the result although not the same level of
detail.

Option #3, setup a Cron tab job script that will check the details of
your backup jobs set to run at a certain time, using a loop of mminfo
scripts.

Food for thought, hopefully everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday in
the USA and a great weekend for the world!

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE