Networker

Re: [Networker] exlcludes using NSRNML 3.0

2011-11-23 16:46:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] exlcludes using NSRNML 3.0
From: Eddie Albert <Eddie.Albert AT CITIZENSFLA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:46:06 -0500
Ms. Jenkins,

Have you downloaded and used the NetWorker Procedure Generator? I
actually helped with the beta of this tool and it is very useful in so
many situations.

As you have suggested you can manage it from NMC, if your sysadmin
excludes the directory using the manual skip file, the sysadmin will
have control.

The good news you put the ownus on sysadmin to change it back. The bad
news if you let sysadmin do it manually and then that person leaves the
company or you forget. You spend time trying to figure out why that
directory wont back up no matter what you do.

Food for thought, hopefully no one gets food poisoning...

Happy Thanksgiving to my US Colleagues and friends on the list.

Semper fidelis et paratus, /ALE