Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question

2011-11-14 20:05:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:04:25 +0000
On 15/11/11 00:41, Tim Mooney wrote:

We discussed this in September 2007. I could not find any archives of
the iphase list, so cannot tell exactly when I first subscribed or
posted. I suspect it was 1997, but that is less than 16 years ago, so
you're ahead of me.

I have a saved post of yours, *not* under a nom de guerre, from August
30th of 1996, to the iphase list. You were at MCL at the time. There
may have been earlier ones, but that's the earliest I have.

Ah yes - that was the first place I encountered NetWorker (4.1.2). It was all new and exciting back then. That company does not even exist now under that name - swallowed up by its multi-national parent company.

As regards the pen name - it was verboten for Legato employees and contractors to post to the list under their own names except for a couple of designated spokespersons. Thus I have used a couple of other identities over the years. I sometimes still do work for EMC but AFAIK the rule has now been relaxed. However I see no reason to change - I am known as Davina on this list, and many people who know me (from inside and outside EMC) know who I am. It doesn't take a lot to work out from the name that Davina and I are the same person. I am sure that Carsten will have worked it out, especially bearing in mind the language of Davina's surname.