Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question

2011-11-14 17:37:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC backup and licensing question
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:36:48 +1100
On 15/11/2011, at 9:31 AM, Davina Treiber wrote:

> On 14/11/11 21:50, bingo wrote:
>> @Michael
>>
>> probably a bad habit but without a different style, color or other
>> indication i am just always confused by these permanent repetitions. It is
>> hard to actually find the response. So i usually avoid repetitions as INMO i
>> do not see any benefit in repeating the same text over and over again.
>
> There is very much point Carsten. These messages are not just on the Backup
> Central forum, but also shared with the Temple Uni mailing list. They look
> very different in the two formats, and an email out of context makes very
> little sense without the message they refer to.

I have to agree. I see the effectiveness of the list greatly diminished by the
mirroring with the BC forum. Neither style is incorrect. In a forum scenario,
repeating the message is silly. In a mailing list, not repeating the list is
equally silly.

As a result, I only check on the list once every week or so at most.

Cheers,
Preston.