Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC migrations

2011-11-14 16:39:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC migrations
From: sukarna.grandhi AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 16:24:29 -0500
Hi,

Here is the text from admin guide to reset administrator password when using
native authentication. Not sure if this was what you were asking.

Resetting the administrator password (native authentication only)

If the default administrator password is lost or forgotten, it can be reset by
using the GST_RESET_PW environment variable.
Note: These steps apply only when native Console authentication is being used.

Microsoft Windows
To reset the native Console security administrator password on Windows:
1. From the Start menu, go to Control Panel > System and set the GST_RESET_PW
variable in the Environment Variables dialog box to a value of 1.
Note: How you navigate to the Environment Variables dialog box differs
depending on
which Windows operating system you use. Consult the documentation that
accompanies
your operating system for details.
2. Restart the GST Service. When the GST Service starts, the password resets.
3. Log in to the Console server and type administrator as the user name and type
administrator as the password.
4. Return to the Environment Variables dialog box and delete the GST_RESET_PW
variable. This step prevents the password from being reset at each Console log
in
attempt.

UNIX systems
To reset the native administrator password on a UNIX system:
1. Set GST_RESET_PW to a non-null value using the appropriate command for
your shell, for example, in ksh: export GST_RESET_PW "non null value"
2. Stop and restart the Console server. Table 8 on page 50 provides details.
This
should be done in the same shell where the password was set.
3. Log in to the Console server and type administrator as the user name and type
administrator as the password.
4. Set GST_RESET_PW back to null using the appropriate command for your shell,
for example, in ksh:export GST_RESET_PW=
The next time the Console server is restarted, the password will not be reset
again.

Regards,
Sukarna