Networker

Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media DB

2011-11-14 14:11:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] No full backups of this save set were found in the media DB
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 14:11:13 -0500
> Hi All,
>
> It is something strange happening.
>
> I have a solaris 10 host with a Windows client.
>
> The NMC shows a failure for E drive, with a message "No full backups
> of this save set were found in the media database; performing a full
> backup" . This is happening on a daily basis, and some more clients
> have the same issue.

This message does not indicate a failure, it indicates that no full backup
was ever done on this client.

Now, if you think that there *should have been* a full backup done already
on this client, then you need to look for the messages indicate the
failure of that full backup to finish successfully. No previous full
backup finished successfully; that's why you are seeing this message every
day ... because it's trying to do a full backup, but somehow not
succeeding (apparently).

> I thought it can be a case of media corruption. However when i
> checked through mminfo command , i found the backup is happening.

When you do a mminfo on this full backup, what does the "ssflags" and
"sumflags" field show? (and you are querying for "level=full", right?)