Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6.2.6 (NMC fix)

2011-11-12 10:25:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6.2.6 (NMC fix)
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:23:51 +0000
Before I install any Java update on my Mac, I clone its boot drive, then
install the Java update and test it with my EMC applications. If a problem
arises, I simply clone the back up disk back onto the original copy.
Unfortunate, there is no way I know of to remove a Java update in Mac OS X. I
haven't installed the new Java update, and I don't intend to install it until
EMC offers support for it.

On Nov 12, 2011, at 9:50, "Frank Swasey" <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU> wrote:

> Valere,
>
> If you have not already, you should open an SR with EMC, it is their bug, and
> they had a fix which (according to what support has told me) was pulled at
> the last second from 7.6.2.6 because of their ongoing talks with Oracle about
> that fix.  EMC should at least be able to give you something to get you back
> in operation -- not sure that it would be supportable, or secure, or stay
> working when 1.6.0_30 is released.
>
> Frank
>
> Today at 7:56am, Valere Binet wrote:
>
>> I applied the Apple update on my iMac and now I'm stuck with it. I didn't
>> find information on how to roll back.
>> Symptoms : NMC says my account/password are incorrect and kicks me out
>> after 3 attempts.
>>
>> Good thing I didn't update my laptop.
>>
>> Valere Binet
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT uvm DOT
>> edu>wrote:

>>> Given the failure of 7.6.2.6 to work with the 1.6.0_29 update on Linux and
>>> Windows, I chose to
>>> not allow it to update my Mac.  Specifically, because I'm not certain of
>>> how to get it back off
>>> on my Mac, so I'll wait until EMC finally finishes talking with Oracle and
>>> delivers something
>>> that works.  In the meantime... stay away from any java programs that
>>> exploit the security
>>> problems with 1.6.0_26 :-/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Frank Swasey                    | http://www.uvm.edu/~fcs
>>> Sr Systems Administrator        | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
>>> University of Vermont           |    just like everyone else.
>>> "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
>>>
>>> To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>>> type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
>>> networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with
>>> this
>>> list. You can access the archives at