Networker

Re: [Networker] Backups of the NMC database failing, but not marked as faile

2011-11-11 15:22:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backups of the NMC database failing, but not marked as faile
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 15:21:39 -0500
Thanks, I will try and open it on Monday.

FYI, I get this on two different servers, the other of which runs 7.5.2...

On 11/11/2011 1:54 PM, sukarna.grandhi AT emc DOT com wrote:
After the NMC database backup completes, savepsm updates a table in the NMC
database to let the gstd server know that a backup was done. gstd checks this
table periodically to decide if it needs to generate an event reminding the
user that NMC database is not being backed up.

It seems in this case the backup completed successfully but after that for some
reason savepsm could not connect to the database to update this table. Please
open a support case so the issue can be diagnosed further.