Networker

Re: [Networker] RHEL6/XFS/NW 7.6.2

2011-11-02 08:31:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] RHEL6/XFS/NW 7.6.2
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 08:29:35 -0400
On 11/1/11 12:43 PM, Charles Weber wrote:
> I have some EXT4 in service, seems fine within it's limitations.
> I generally don't set up FS over 5 TB since I have lots of groups with
> storage and want parallel backup streams whenever possible.
> Depending on size/use of the FS I might create it with higher agcount for
> more parallel journalling.

I am using EXT4 where the size of the AFTD is below 16TB myself (it's free with
Red Hat, so it
makes sense).  I have customers that want to have save sets that are 4TB and
larger.  So far,
I've been able to push them off (and keep them at 2TB max).  However, the day
is coming when I
will have to give in and allow 4TB save sets - 10Gb networks will make that
doable in a 24 hour
period.