Networker

Re: [Networker] Unmounting tapes from non-existent tape library

2011-11-01 14:45:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Unmounting tapes from non-existent tape library
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:44:49 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Unmounting tapes from non-existent tape...:

The other week, I had to reboot my NW 7.6.2 server on Windows. And it
then
decided to change the SCSI ID of my autochanger. So I had to delete
that
definition, and re-add it with the new ID. That all worked, but it now
appears as if 2 of the tape volumes are still mounted on the old
autochanger (i.e., doing "mminfo -av -q "near,savetime < 1 day" -r
"pool,volume,volaccess(22),location"  shows 2 with location of the old
definition).

Will mmlocate update them?

Looks like it will. So what should I do - change the location to be blank?
I can't change it to my current autochanger, since those volumes are not
physically in the autochanger.

Blank their location.  Or, put them back into your current autochanger
and then inventory their slots.

Tim
edu