Networker

Re: [Networker] able to see all clients data for recover: security breach

2011-10-24 23:39:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] able to see all clients data for recover: security breach
From: "Small, Joshua" <joshua.small AT CITI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:39:10 +1100
Can you describe what you're doing exactly? i.e. are you using a GUI to
recover, or recover from the commandline?
Are you doing this from a client, or the NW server?
Can you actually access the data off the other clients, or just see the index
entries?
If you try a redirected recover (i.e. recover client a's files to client b)
without the correct remote access settings, you should be able to browse the
savesets and select files to restore - but the actual restore will fail with a
permission error.

Regards,
Josh