Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Networker release cycle.

2011-10-23 19:10:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Networker release cycle.
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 01:10:05 +0200
Hi Mark,

I am very glad to finally see a response from an EMC employee. This is a rare occasion that an EMC employee replies to the list on such (non-technical) matters. I really feel that you need to be more present in public discussions in both this list as well as in your own Networker Online community. And I expect that you will be involved in all matters, both technical and sales issues. I am very frustrated with my inability to get information about Networker roadmap as well my inability to communicate my needs and influence on future development of the product (Please do not send me links to useless customer surveys as you did in the past. They cannot capture my requirement. They can hardly quantify my frustration).

As for the EMC account team, I never felt that the roadmap is something that they will be willing to share. All my discussions with them were informal and partial at best. I didn't feel that they are trying to communicate this information. Maybe your sales persons should be instructed to be more proactive on this and offer customers this information. I also didn't feel that I can have a dialogue with them, so that I can communicate my requirements to them. I would like to stress the point that my desire for such a communications comes from the fact that I feel that the product is flawed. There is no need for such intense communication if Networker was delivering what I think it should.

As you can probably see for yourself, I am active in the Networker Online community as well and I ask similar questions (see the "AFTD changes on the way." thread). I don't get better responses.

I really think that EMC should assign someone that will communicate with users of these communities and create a dialogue with your customers. Actually, I think you should have two of them, someone from sales and someone technical.

 Thanks for your time.

A very frustrated Networker user.