Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrim and DataDomain behaviour

2011-10-07 11:37:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrim and DataDomain behaviour
From: Sree <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:34:49 -0400
Don't want to sound repeat, thought it could be useful here too:

We had no-so-similar behavior in our HP D2D device environment.

We had an issue with 25000 files limit on HP D2D Share., and we were
reaching that limit every so often, hence were forced to manually remove
older/not-so important savesets.

After manually deleting lots of (say 2000) savesets, we run either nsrim -
X (or nsrclone -P -W edabu1.032) is run to recover space. After this
command is run, it will take anywhere from 15 minutes to 45 minutes to
finish doing its clean-up job on that "edabu1.032" volume. During this
clean-up operation, Networker would complain about (Volume label
verification in progress ?) if we try to write something to that volume.

Our observation is: More the number savesets/files on D2D, longer it takes
to finish this clean-up task on D2D.

Verify on your D2D, how many files/dirs/savesets you may have? This may be
the underlying reason for extended hold/hang accessing that D2D volume
while this cleanup is taking place.

Thanks
Sree