Networker

[Networker] Networker and Oracle recovery catalog

2011-10-07 05:10:02
Subject: [Networker] Networker and Oracle recovery catalog
From: "N.J.Tustain" <n.j.tustain AT OPEN.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 09:08:10 +0000
Is it possible for networker to integrate with Oracle Recovery catalog?

I have been using networker to execute an Rman backup script, which is called
from the saveset field on the client (on the Oracle cluster entry):
RMAN:/home/oracle/bkp_db_inc.rman

The above script sits on both nodes.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to call the backup scripts from within the
Recovery Catalog.

I've successfully created a stored script in the RC db.

I've created a local 'execute_script' that sits on the oracle server which is
called same as described above.

Every time I try and connect to the RC from the execute script the group fails.

'connect rcat/rcat@rcat;'

run {

..
}

I've seen that the 'execute_script' is required to connect to RC and the target
db.

This is possible if done manually.

Rman>
connect rcat/rcat@rcat;
connect target sys/xxxx@yyyy;

Is anyone successfully doing this or have I misunderstood?

Thanks
Nick

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).