Networker

Re: [Networker] Is it possible to relocate existing indexes to new location?

2011-10-03 15:41:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Is it possible to relocate existing indexes to new location?
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 15:39:07 -0400
I've done this exact same thing in the past when the disk that our
indexes were on was getting full. I'm pretty sure EMC does have an
official procedure for doing this if you want to search Powerlink for
it... Don't hold me to this, but I remember basically editing the client
configuration to point to the new disk/location, shutting down the
server processes, moving the client index/directory files to the new
disk/location, then re-starting the server processes (which
automatically does an index check for all clients at startup). That's
it.