Networker

[Networker] LTO-5 based tape library?

2011-09-29 15:04:54
Subject: [Networker] LTO-5 based tape library?
From: Mike Borkowski <mikeb AT UWATERLOO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:04:03 +0000
We are considering updating our OverLand Neo 2000 tape library with a LTO-5
based library.  Our current library has a single LTO-3 drive and is iSCSI
attached to a SUN/Oracle SPARC server.  We are looking at a SAS attached
library, we think we need a single LTO-5 drive with around twenty slots.  The
biggest concern we have is key encryption, the Overland and SpectraLogic
solutions look nice and simple.  Anyone have suggestions or comments regarding
a good LTO-5 tape library that works well with NetWorker and Sun/Oracle SPARC
hardware.

Thanks.

Mike Borkowski
Manager, Unix Services, IST