Networker

Re: [Networker] Why can't I change the browse time on this CFI?

2011-09-20 08:40:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Why can't I change the browse time on this CFI?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:39:07 -0400
> > What am I doing wrong, or forgetting?
> >

> Index save sets are never browsable.

That was the part I was forgetting. :-) So the "data saveset" that the
index refers to should be browsable, up till it's browse date, provided
that the index saveset has not expired?

I'm basing that guess on the fact that the data saveset had a browse and
retention date still 7 years in the future, yet was not browsable, until I
extended the expiration date of the index saveset to be the same term, and
did a "nsrck -L7" to re-populate the CFI.

Am I right? Partially right? So lost in the weeds by the side of the road
that I can't see where I am going? :-)