Networker

Re: [Networker] Adding Clients to Group

2011-09-19 16:42:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adding Clients to Group
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:41:21 +0100
On 19/09/11 14:58, Suhas M wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is there any way in nsradmin to add (Append) Clients to a New
> Savegroup with Clients being part of old savegroups as well.
>
> Regards,
> Suhas

Absolutely there is. There is an append command in nsradmin.

Firstly though, you don't add clients to a group, you add groups to a
client. Sounds perverse, but group is an attribute of the client
resource rather than the other way round.

In my example I have a client in group vm and want to add it to the Test
group.

nsradmin> show group
nsradmin> p type: NSR client; name:george; group: vm
                       group: vm;
nsradmin> append group:Test
                       group: Test;
Append? y
updated resource id 22.0.119.14.104.15.78.67.192.168.0.15(58)
nsradmin> p
                       group: vm, Test;

Hope this helps.