Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't change expiration date of expired saveset

2011-09-13 08:50:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't change expiration date of expired saveset
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:49:48 -0400
> On 2011-09-12 15:37, Michael Leone wrote:
> > I'm confused. I have a tape with an expired saveset. I need to extend
the
> > saveset expiration date, so I can then go and do a "nsrck -L7" on the
> > index that applies to that saveset, so I can recover it.
>
> I thought this was a two step process wherein you used 'nsrmm -e -S' and

> 'nsrmm -o notrecylable -S' for the save set?

That's right. And I thought I had previously done the "-o notrecyclable",
and it still hadn't changed. Then, when I re-did it to copy into the mail
message, I must have forgotten a 2nd time.

Once I re-did it (for the 3rd time), but in the right order (nsrmm -e xx,
nsrmm -o notrecyclable, nsrck -L7 client [for the index]), I was able to
browse and recover. And then also extend the browse and retention times
for 7 years ....

Thanks, and sorry for the confusion.