Networker

Re: [Networker] More than one stage/clone stream to one tape to utilize lto5

2011-09-11 17:16:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] More than one stage/clone stream to one tape to utilize lto5
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 00:12:25 +0300
It is impossible to run two read operations from the same AFTD (you cannot stage, clone or recover at the same time). If you have more than one AFTD, this is OK (you can stage from any number of different AFTDs at the same time). You might try to clone or stage from the RW device (by selection the cloneid of the RW device as in mminfo -ot -xc, -q volume=DBODefault.011.RW !incomplete,!ssrecycle -r ssid,cloneid,totalsize), but this will block backup operations.

On the tape side, this is also impossible. Each stage or clone gets its own tape device and unlike backups they cannot be multiplexed.

I am still hoping that future versions of Networker will deliver concurrent AFTD operation, but then again, I have been waiting for years already.