Networker

Re: [Networker] Basic questions about backing up Oracle databases

2011-09-09 19:21:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Basic questions about backing up Oracle databases
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 18:20:51 -0500
On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 8:28 AM, STANLEY R. HORWITZ <stan AT temple DOT edu>
wrote:

> Any comments or recommendations on which specific NetWorker module to use and
> a high level approach to implement this are more than welcome.

Stan,

I found the book "Oracle RMAN 11g Backup and Recovery (Osborne ORACLE
Press Series)" extremely helpful in explaining how RMAN and NetWorker
would interact from an Oracle-centric view of things (although we
haven't moved to implementation yet).  Chapter 4 is all about using
RMAN with the "media manager" which is Oracle speak for what in your
environment is the NW client + NMO / NMDA-Oracle, how RMAN cataloging
works with tape, etc.  If Temple has a Safari Books Online
subscription you could find the book here:

http://proquestcombo.safaribooksonline.com/book/web-development/websphere/9780071628600/setup-principles-and-practices/ch04

Not sure why the URL places it under 'websphere'...