Networker

Re: [Networker] Manually staging savesets from adv_file volume to tape

2011-09-07 09:20:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Manually staging savesets from adv_file volume to tape
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 08:20:10 -0500
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 7:14 AM, Nelson, Allan <an AT ceh.ac DOT uk> wrote:

> I love the Data Domain, but sizing them seems to be a black art, and we
> certainly got it wrong big time in our organisation.  We'll probably be
> moving away from it in the next 1-2 years which is a shame, but we can't
> expand the systems we're running (DD690) anymore so it would be new head unit
> and the cost is just bonkers, as is the maintenance.  There's talk of going
> back to tape!
>
> Cheers... Allan.

This may be a very naive question, but EMC do not have a special price
schedule for situations such as  this? In my organization, there is no
funding model to support growth, only occasional 'bursts' in
investment.  I suppose we are making the right choice to stick with
the 'expandability' of tape.

Cheers,
Eugene