Networker

Re: [Networker] VADP "redirected" restore

2011-08-23 13:21:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] VADP "redirected" restore
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:20:55 -0500
I just did something like this yesterday, it's a little tricky to do, but by
doing this you can get a file level restore from a vadp image level backup of
linux:

1) rename the original vm inside of vcenter console (this is just a "friendly"
name), you do not have to shut it down
2) Restore the image to a different datastore, the restore will not start the vm
3) Right click on the "restored" vm and choose "edit settings"
4) In the network adapters properties make sure the "connected" and "connect at
power on" are unchecked
5) start the vm
6)Rename the OS and re-ip it the restored vm
7)Check the options that were unchecked in step 4
8)Copy your files wherever you want

I do realize that instead of re-ip'ing it you can open it with vmware player or
vmware workstation, but this is the route we went.. :)

Hope this helps..