Networker

Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset

2011-08-23 10:44:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:43:42 -0400
Haven't had time to test it, but I got this email from another list
member.

Its "FilesNotToBackup" and is described here by Microsoft:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb891959(v=vs.85).aspx

With this registry key, you can list part of E: drive that should not be
backed up in the DR saveset.

This sounds like what you are describing/requesting below.

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
08/23/2011 06:13:33 AM:

> From: Thierry Faidherbe <thierry.faidherbe AT FOREM DOT BE>
> To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
> Date: 08/23/2011 06:14 AM
> Subject: Re: [Networker] NW 7.6.2 and the DISASTER_RECOVERY: saveset
> Sent by: EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> What should also be nice you to give a look is the possibility
> to overwrite/adapt the "critical volumes list". For sample,
> the use of a directive like
>
> << 'OSSR_E:\' >>
>    +skip: *.*
>
> or
>
> << '/' >>
>    skip: OSSR_E
>
> parsed by savegrp/save to not fork save session could be
> an easy way to decrease DR backup size.
>
> Cheers
>
> Th
>
> Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,
>
> Thierry FAIDHERBE
> Backup/Storage & System Management
>
> LE FOREM
> Département des Systèmes d'Information
> Direction Infrastructure
>
> Boulevard Tirou, 104  Tel:    +32 (0)71/206730
> B-6000 CHARLEROI      Mobile: +32 (477)/995319
>                       Fax:    +32 (0)71/206199
> BELGIUM               Mail : Thierry.faidherbe<at>forem.be

la