Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.6 - Force Networker to Release Space (Delete files) on NAS Share (Adv_file)

2011-08-18 13:32:02
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.6 - Force Networker to Release Space (Delete files) on NAS Share (Adv_file)
From: Sree <dalsc11 AT CELANESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:31:36 -0400
Hi:

Running Networker 7.6 on Windows Server 2003;

We have a HP D2D 2504i providing a NAS Share. We've hit the device
specific limitation of 25000 files+dirs count on a single share. It seems
based on our 9 week retention period in Netwroker, we are going to
hit/cross its 25000 files+dirs limit. (Note: this is NOT space problem,
instead a number of files+dirs limit of 25000)

We've removed about 200 older savesets, (nsrmm -dy -S ssid# ) and followed
by nsrim -X  and nsrck -m ; We are expecting Networker to go ahead and
delete some files/dirs specific to those "deleted" savesets. We are not
seeing that happen.

Then we went ahead unmount, then mount the share in Networker. Ran nsrim -
X again, still no cleanup.

How to "force" Networker to clean-up and release the files "NOW", so that
our backups can continue.

Thanks
Sree