Networker

[Networker] Current state of mixed media in library?

2011-08-16 14:46:27
Subject: [Networker] Current state of mixed media in library?
From: Tim Kimball <Tim.Kimball AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:45:40 +0000
I have an SL-48 with two LTO-3 drives that we're looking to move more backups
onto.  They currently are used with LTO-3 WORM media.

Since LTO-3 was EOL'd, we'll be adding two more LTO-4.

I would like to use LTO-4 tapes for the new backup but am worried that the
LTO-4 tapes will end up mounted in the LTO-3 drives.  I don't care if the WORM
tapes get mounted in LTO-4 drives.

Does anyone have a setup like this, and if so how would you set this up?  The
last time I had to 'mix media' in one library we had to use AlphaStor; It's
important we don't have to go that route again.

We are currently on 7.4.4 but do have plans on 7.6.x before this upgrade
(delayed as we'd need to move off of Sun EBS to normal EMC Networker).

Thanks,
--TSK

=====
Tim Kimball