Networker

Re: [Networker] xdr of Linux extended attributes failed for `/home/'

2011-08-16 13:47:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] xdr of Linux extended attributes failed for `/home/'
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:45:56 +0000
Hi Tim,

The answers to your questions appear below:

On 08 16, 2011, at 1:05 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:

> In regard to: [Networker] xdr of Linux extended attributes failed for...:
>
>> I am  having trouble backing up a pair of new Red Hat Linux servers. The
>> only error msg is what appears in the subject of this message. It
>> happens with all the file systems on both clients, but not consistently.
>> I opened a case with EMC about this yesterday, but it is in research
>> status. While I am waiting for feedback from EMC, I am wondering if
>> anyone else on this list has run into this problem. The NetWorker server
>> is running Red Hat Linux. So is the client. The server is running Power
>> Edition 7.6 SP1 and the client has 7.6 SP2.
>
> What version of RHEL is on the clients?

[root@prd-tds3 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.6 (Tikanga)

> What's the filesystem type that's in use on the clients?

ext3

> Is SELinux active on the clients?

No.

> What does
>
>       lsattr -R /home/inst1ids | egrep -v '^-------------'
>
> report?

This output is quite long.  it looks like no attributes are set. For the sake
of brevity, I am just including a short section of the lsattr output.

[root@prd-tds3 ~]# lsattr -R /home/inst1ids | egrep -v '^-------------'

/home/inst1ids/ldap32kcont_ldapdb:

/home/inst1ids/inst1ids:

/home/inst1ids/inst1ids/NODE0000:

/home/inst1ids/inst1ids/NODE0000/SQL00001:

/home/inst1ids/inst1ids/NODE0000/SQL00001/db2event:

/home/inst1ids/inst1ids/NODE0000/SQL00001/db2event/db2detaildeadlock: