Networker

[Networker] Device block size for Legato Networker 7.5.3

2011-08-11 11:02:12
Subject: [Networker] Device block size for Legato Networker 7.5.3
From: Matthew Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:01:50 -0400
We are running an environment here that is using Networker 7.5.3 running on
Solaris 10. We have all of our save sets written to disk and then we have a
SAM/QFS file system behind it that takes care of all the tape writing for us. I
am just curious if anyone here has ever attempted to change the device block
size to see if you could get better performance from networker while writing to
disk? If anyone has any suggestions or needs more information to come up with
some ideas please let me know. I hope everyone on this list has a great day.
--
Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu