Networker

Re: [Networker] scripted/manual backup of a NAS

2011-08-10 08:42:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] scripted/manual backup of a NAS
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:42:53 -0400
> Hello guru's
>
> I am looking for a script to manually backup a connected NAS to the
> usual backup group I am using
>
> This NAS holds files that have to be backed up once every week
>
> What I do now is I connect the NAS drive to a Windows drive letter
> Then I manually backup the Drive letter but that is done to the default
pool

> Any help with a script to kick this off automatically to the correct
> group and pool ?

You don't need a script to do this. You could just schedule a job with a
schedule that only happens on Friday, and include the client definition
that includes that drive letter.

You can define the same client multiple times, each with a different save
set listing. So you could have one that has the list of savesets that you
do every day, and another with the saveset that includes this mapped drive
letter. And then you have 2 groups - one that backs up the client
definition that has the daily list, and another group that includes the
other definition, that includes your NAS napped drive. And each group has
a different schedule.