Networker

[Networker] Way find out or determine time it takes to replicate files?

2011-07-20 15:04:41
Subject: [Networker] Way find out or determine time it takes to replicate files?
From: rcaldwell73 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:03:09 -0700
I'm not sure if there is a way to determine this or not but one of our DBA's
wanted to know if there is a report or way to determine how long its takes for
a file to get replication from point A to B? I tried looking around on one of
my Data Domain boxes but see nothing that can produce such information in
minutes, hours, days etc...

Subject: DD Replication

Shortly I will be creating several new backup files into these 2 locations in
the DR DataDomain (DRNYCDD01). Is there a way to benchmark the time it takes
for those files to be copied over to NY? This is part of the DR Test we are
creating a benchmark for the time it will take for a Full Failback test of
these applications.

\\drnycdd01\backup\DR_SQLDumps\dr1sql1
\\drnycdd01\backup\DR_SQLDumps\drnyctrdsql01v

If anyone knows it would be greatly appricated.

Thanks!