Networker

[Networker] Restore 2 drives into 1 drive with 1 recover command?

2011-07-18 14:17:28
Subject: [Networker] Restore 2 drives into 1 drive with 1 recover command?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:15:47 -0400
I'm confused (I know, nothing new there ...). I'm trying to do a
re-directed recover, and am not getting the end result I want, and I'm not
sure what simple thing I am doing wrong.

Using NW 7.5.2, all on Windows

I backed up certain folders from drive H: and certain folders from drive
I: onto an AFTD disk on a storage node. Now, I want to restore some (not
all) of those folders from both source drives onto 1 drive of the snode.
The problem I am getting is, no matter how I choose which folders I want,
the recover is putting them under a top level folder with the source drive
letter.

Ex: I fire up the GUI nwrecover. I tell it redirected recovery, and from
what client, to what client. I then open up the list of folder on drive H:
on the left (i.e., I hit the "+" to expand the list of sub-folders). On
the right side, I choose the 2 or 3 folders that I want recovered. Under
"Options", "Recover options", I choose  drive G: as the drive to place the
relocated data.

When I say go, what I get on drive G: is an upper level folder called H,
and the 2 folders under that. What I want to happen (and what I thought
*should* happen) is that I would see those 2 folders on the top level of
G:, exactly as they are the top level of the source drive H:. But that's
not happening. And I'm not sure what I am doing wrong?

What I eventually need is to kick off a recover of top level folders on
H:, and top level folders on I:, and have them all end up as top level
folders on G:. And since this is 833G, and 1.6M files, I want to kick it
off, and come back 12 hours later and see if it finished. But I need to
make sure that the folders get recovered where I need them, and not under
top level folders called H and I.

Thanks for any clues.

--
Michael Leone