Networker

[Networker] RMAN quick question ; Please help me

2011-07-17 17:50:03
Subject: [Networker] RMAN quick question ; Please help me
From: orawiss <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 10:03:21 -0700
Dear all,

Please let me asking you this question; I an new in Legato EMC NetWorker, I
have read the EMC document, and still new and I need an advice here.

I am an Oracle DBA and in the company I an working for, we have a Tape Engineer
who will care about installing the NMO modules, the servers, teh clients, etc...

Now, my boss is asking me to daily backup the Fast recovery Area of my RAC
11gR2 (7 nodes RAC on Redhat Linux) to tape. My boss is asking me also to setup
3 channels , 1 channel for every node.( the 3 first nodes).

I have the Experience to use RMAN to backup to disk but never tried RMAN to
tape.

Could you please share your experience and give the tips to do it?

I think to use the following cmmand; is that correct?

run{
allocate channel sbt_backup1 type 'SBT_TAPE' format '%U' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup,NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup2,NSR_CLIENT=The_client_Name)'
 connect 'sys/password@node1;

allocate channel sbt_backup2 type 'SBT_TAPE' format '%U' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup,NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup2,NSR_CLIENT=The_client_Name)'
 connect 'sys/password@node2;

allocate channel sbt_backup3 type 'SBT_TAPE' format '%U' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup,NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=oraclebackup2,NSR_CLIENT=The_client_Name)'
 connect 'sys/password@node3;
backup recovery area;
}

Thanks,