Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on migrating a large (2TB) AFTD storage node to new hardware

2011-07-14 09:50:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on migrating a large (2TB) AFTD storage node to new hardware
From: Chester Martin <cmartin AT SPP DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:48:18 -0500
Use multiple robocopy jobs to copy the data over.  When we moved data this way
I had about 9 robocopy jobs setup initially.  If you keep it in sync with /XO
/E /MIR parameters afterwards it will only copy over the delta changes and
remove files on the new that have been removed on the source.  We moved over
3tb over a wan link doing it this way.

The initial robocopy we let run over the weekend when not much else was going
on, and I disabled the backup for the source client during the initial robocopy.