Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker barcode label mismatch.

2011-06-30 23:16:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker barcode label mismatch.
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:15:59 -0400
You didn't say which operating system owns your tape library, but what you
need to do is fool NetWorker into thinking your tape has never been
labeled when you affix a new sticky label to it. To do that, you need to
delete the old label from the media database. Then you need to manually
load the tape in a tape drive and use a command or utility to overwrite
the label. For example, if your tape library is connected to a Linux
storage node, you could do something like ...

 mt -f /dev/ntm1 rewind
 cp some_file /dev/ntm1

Then unload the tape manually from the tape drive.

This erases the old magnetic label from the tape. NetWorker will then
write a new label on it the next time it needs to label a tape.

I know this is a PITA, but it is the only way I can think of to accomplish
what you want.