Networker

[Networker] About Software Distribution

2011-06-29 04:08:29
Subject: [Networker] About Software Distribution
From: Manel Rodero Blanquez <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 10:06:27 +0200
Hello,

I've sent this message some weeks ago but it was merged in a post related to the upgrade to version 7.6.1 so no answers at all. I'm resending it in its own post ;-)

I'm trying to upgrade a client using Software Distribution feature (is the first time I try to use it; in the past we update the client manually login in every machine) from our Windows Legato Server 7.6.1.7.

I've imported in the repository the client for windows x86 and the client for windows x64. Then, I've done the inventory and added my client to it.

After selecting the client and trigger the upgrade I got a failure in the activity monitor:

Inventory Completed
Upgrade Warning
Status Failed
Phase Waiting for Daemons

I've not been asked for any username/password for the client so I suppose there is a problem with privileges (my administrator in the server doesn't have rights in the client or something like that). Or is something related to firewalls? (i.e. the server can't copy files to the client).

Have anyone a more detailed explanation about what to configure for having this working? How this software deployment works?

Thanks.

--

       Manel Rodero Blánquez
o o o  IT Systems Manager

       E-mail : manel AT fib.upc DOT edu
       Tel.   : +34 93 401 0847
       Web    : http://www.fib.upc.edu/

Abans  d'imprimir aquest missatge, si us plau, assegureu-vos que sigui
necessari. El medi ambient és cosa de tots.

--[ http://www.fib.upc.edu/disclaimer/ ]------------------------------

ADVERTIMENT  /  TEXT  LEGAL:  Aquest  missatge pot contenir informació
confidencial  o  legalment protegida i està exclusivament adreçat a la
persona  o entitat destinatària. Si vosté no es el destinatari final o
persona  encarregada  de  recollir-lo, no està autoritzat a llegir-lo,
retenir-lo, modificar-lo, distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar el seu
contingut.  Si ha rebut aquest correu electrònic per error, li preguem
que  informi  al  remitent  i elimini del seu sistema el missatge i el
material annex que pugui contenir. Gràcies per la seva col·laboració.