Networker

Re: [Networker] handling archive logs for Networker Oracle Module

2011-06-26 10:58:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] handling archive logs for Networker Oracle Module
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 10:56:57 -0400
In our RMAN script, we have:

 run {
     allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=OTAFull)';
     allocate channel t2 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=OTAFull)';
     allocate channel t3 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=OTAFull)';
     allocate channel t4 type 'SBT_TAPE' parms
'ENV=(NSR_DATA_VOLUME_POOL=OTAFull)';

     backup database filesperset 4 force format='/%d_DATA_%U/'
     plus archivelog filesperset 16 force format='/%d_ARCH_%U/'
     delete all input;

     release channel t1;
     release channel t2;
     release channel t3;
     release channel t4;
  }

Which backs up all datafiles plus archivelogs then truncates the archive logs.