Networker

Re: [Networker] EXTERNAL: Re: [Networker] Recover files *without* Windows security information?

2011-06-23 16:38:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] EXTERNAL: Re: [Networker] Recover files *without* Windows security information?
From: Bombay4u None <bombay4u AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 20:38:14 +0000
Hi,
If i understad the issue correctly, you can recover the files with existing
permisions on windows atlest and user subcalc utiligyt to overwrite what you
need, you can even wipe out the permisons by propogating desired permisons,
other then that recovering to drive\server that is not part of orginal
domain\security  that was orignally in place may cause it to loose the ACL you
may see orphaned sids in the ntfs file system.
HTH
Fazil