Networker

Re: [Networker] Best version to migrate from 7.5.3?

2011-06-15 10:37:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Best version to migrate from 7.5.3?
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:35:34 -0400
The way it was explained to me is that 7.6.1 RA code is indeed production
ready. The difference between RA and GA is that 7.6.2 RA code is being
released to a limited user-base so EMC can closely track who is actually
using it and follow up with them about their experiences with it. From
what I was told, 7.6.2 will go GA after EMC's RA customers go 100 days
without reporting any issues with it. I tried 7.6.2 and I liked it a lot,
especially the new nsrwatch. I am anxiously awaiting the GA version. In
all honesty, I would be running the RA version now, but I ran out of time
to test it on hardware and I did see some issues with its nsrjobd process.
I am using the 7.6.2 client on a lot of servers I am backing up, but I had
to put my test server into production so the safe (job preservation) thing
to do was to run 7.6.1 server on it.