Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003

2011-06-15 08:07:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003
From: "Joe N. Wallace" <joe.n.wallace AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:06:13 +0000
I'm going to be involved in migrating Networker 7.6.1 on Windows server 2003
x86 to Server 2008 R2 x64 with a new hostname and IP address

Will it be possible to use mmrecov in such a scenario? When both hostname
and IP address will change?

Does perhaps only matter for the license? I expect that I could get that
resolved with licensing AT emc DOT com. But I rather not have problems with the
media db and the resource files.

Regards,
Wallace