Networker

Re: [Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003

2011-06-13 03:10:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migrating Networker 7.4.5 from win 2000 to win2003
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT newtech DOT fi>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:08:14 +0300
söndag 12 juni 2011 18:01:56 skrev  jee:
> Kurianv
>
> for the migration you need to perform a DR procedure and not a copy of
> media db and config files. Then you need to rename the target server.

Not necessarily. IF the byte ordering is the same on the servers a plain copy
will work fine. (Providing the same sarver name) It is not the supported way,
but you are out of support with your version anyway :-). And I have yet to see
it fail..
Just follow the procedure outlined in a previous answer. Except from the fact
that you can copy mm and index too and save the trouble of recovering the
indexes from tape. And don't forget to bring down networker on the source
before you copy :-)

> However if you move the server to other HW, the HostID will change and you
> will need to register the existing base enabler (ot a new one) with a new
> authorization code.

As this is a Windows machine the host-ID is derived from the primary IP of the
server and so even your authorizations will stay OK if your network setup is
the same.

And to answer your actual questions:
Yes. The config will stay exactly the same.

Best
Dag