Networker

Re: [Networker] MIgrating NW 7.5.2 from Win2003 32bit to Win2008 64bit on same hardware

2011-06-07 16:48:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] MIgrating NW 7.5.2 from Win2003 32bit to Win2008 64bit on same hardware
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 13:46:16 -0700
Michael,

We migrated from 7.5.2 on windows 2003 to 7.6.1 on Windows 2008 R2 (64bit) but
it was on new hardware.  I didn't have to do anything special other than copy
the indexes and mm database to the new machine.  I was careful to make sure and
recreate the clients on the new machine so they retained their Client ID but
other than that it was straightforward.

I think it would be wise to make backup copies of the res, mm and index files.
As long as you have original copies you can punt and try again if you have
problems.

On the "new" server, I don't know if the switch from 32bit to 64bit makes a
difference but you might want to consider creating it with a new client ID to
separate it from the old one.  Others probably have a better idea about that
than I do though.

Dave

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.