Networker

Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives

2011-06-07 01:54:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Limiting a client to one of two tape drives
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 08:54:03 +0300
Werth, Dave wrote:
> Stan,
>
> I've been following this thread with interest.  It's apparent that there
> probably is no solution within NetWorker for your problem.

Never tried, but NMC check Media from upper row, select Media Pools and
pool properties Selection Criteria and Target devices select your
preferred tape device.  This solution need own pool, but i think this is
only method or use cron job which disable/enable drives.

Regards, Riku
> Perhaps you could write a cron job that monitors that status of the tape
> drives, say every 5 minutes, and modifies whether they are enabled or
> disabled as necessary.  That's a poor substitute for something built into
> NetWorker but it may get the job done.
>
> Dave
>
> Dave Werth
> Garmin AT, Inc.
> Salem, Oregon

>>> points. This client is in its own savegroup, which has a tape pool