Networker

[Networker] Tape HP LTO Ultrium RW 1.6TB not mounted in SUN SL500 Tape L

2011-06-04 06:53:28
Subject: [Networker] Tape HP LTO Ultrium RW 1.6TB not mounted in SUN SL500 Tape L
From: rakesh23 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 03:49:11 -0700
I am running Sun Storedge EBS 7.3.2 on SUN SL 500 tape Library with two drive
drive 1 (/dev/rmt/0cbn) and
drive 2 (/dev/rmt/1cbn) on T2000 server.

Previously My backup is running well.
Problem -
My Tape HP LTO Ultrium RW 1.6TB is not mounted
root@bkpsvr # nsrjb
Jukebox SL500: (Ready to accept commands)
nsrjb: No volumes labeled.
  slot  volume  pool  barcode  volume id  recyclable
     1: -*            CLNU02   -
     2:
     3:
     4:
     5:
     .
     .
     .
    29:
    30:
        *not registered in the NetWorker media data base
drive 1 (/dev/rmt/0cbn) slot   :
drive 2 (/dev/rmt/1cbn) slot   :

1.      What is the mean by *not registered in the NetWorker media data base.
2.      Got the message in EBS LOG TAB ,
The /dev/rmt/0cbn is either skipped as requested (due to hardware problem) or
no longer connected to the storage node.

3. Below this message is always coming continue  in console
root@bkpsvr # Jun  4 15:47:06 bkpsvr root: [ID 702911 local0.alert]  Sun
StorEdge(TM) Enterprise Backup media: (critical) Waiting for 1 writable volumes
to backup pool 'Default' tape(s) on bkpsvr

How I stop this message.

I have following procedure to take backup. But tape is not mounted.
1.      U sing Default label Templates, Default Pool and Default Group
2       Label:  This will detect volume is same as barcode.
        Devices->Libraries->Sl500->RC on /dev/rmt/0cbn->Label
 Slot Range
 First- 1
 Last-  1
 Pool-  Default->OK
 Devices-  /dev/rmt/0cbn
3.      Mounting the Volume:
        Devices->Libraries->Sl500->RC on /dev/rmt/0cbn->mount.

It will show mounted device /dev/rmt/0cbn.
Go to Monitoring TAB -> Device Tab->It will display message(Mounted  LTO
ultrim CLNU02).

Client Configuration

I have properly set Scheduling Backup, Scheduling Groups and in client
Configuration TAB->Client ->RC on Client -> New
Name    -       rac2
Scheduled backup-       click on CHECKBOX
Group-  check on Default
Saveset-        /backup/physical
Group-  Default
Schedule-       Select Full Every Saturday.

Please help me resolve this issue.