Networker

[Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?

2011-05-11 12:42:20
Subject: [Networker] Tape to tape copy between M1800 & SL500?
From: ldugarte <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:40:31 -0700
<<<Hi all

We have a Quantum / ATL M1800 Tape Library which is rapidly approaching
its end of life.____There are 4 SDLT600 drives in the M1800 library.

We are looking to clone or copy the savesets from the SDLT600 tapes to a
Sun SL500 Tape Library with four LTO-4 and two LTO-5 tape drives and
wondering what would be the best way to do this.

The two tape libraries are attached to separate servers -- could the
saveset clone or copy be kicked off in some way across the two servers?I
guess the libraries could not be 'physically' connected directly owing
to compatibility issues.

Shooting in the dark a bit here -- any comments/thoughts greatfully
appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

Hello.

Are the two servers in the same datazone?. What role does they play in the
datazone(s)? are they networker servers or storage nodes?
If the two servers are in differents datazones then you might do a migration
procedure to consolidate (see disaster recovery guide). If only have one
datazone, then it's quite easy.