Networker

Re: [Networker] 45M iNode FS backup?

2011-05-10 17:14:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] 45M iNode FS backup?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 07:12:45 +1000
On 11/05/2011, at 05:09 , Brian Narkinsky wrote:

> This was from a thread back in 2006.  I've used this method several
> places and it works well.   Works on UNIX OSes as well.
>

> I think somebody posted a method to get all the directories in a file
> system.
>
> If I remember correctly they had two client instances.
>
> One had all the directories explicitly stated
>

> E:\dir
> E:\dir2
> E:\dirx
>

> The second client instance had the saveset ALL but, had a directive to
> skip the directories that were explicitly spelled out in the first
> client.

^^^^^ Never, ever do a "skip" in this instance. It affects the indices.

If backing up this way, make sure to use null. For an overview of how different
these two directives are, check my blog article from 2009 on it:

http://nsrd.info/blog/2009/07/08/basics-null-vs-skip-directives/

Cheers,
Preston.

--