Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP2 restoring while cloning

2011-05-10 11:40:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP2 restoring while cloning
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 11:40:24 -0400
Thanks Thierry and Davina for your feedback.

I was hoping for a simple procedure. The restores will be done primarily
by our DBAs and server administrators, who need to keep things quick and
simple. Blocking write access during the restore is a big potential
problem, as well. I know this limitation was present on advfs, but I am
surprised it occurs with Data Domain Boost devices too.