Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrstage help!

2011-04-28 17:35:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrstage help!
From: Mathew Harvest <Mathew.HARVEST AT COMMUNITIES.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 07:33:44 +1000
Hey ... sorry just more questions

What OS are you using
If you are using solaris/linux what shell/script are you using
What is the name of the pool that you are trying to stage too, does it have any
non-alpha numeric characters in it, including spaces?
What is the format of your input file

If  this command
        nsrstage -v -b "clonepool" -m -S -f <inputfilename>
 is returning an error saying I must specify one of either -m or -C  and this
command
        nsrclone -v -b "clonepool" -m -S -f <inputfilename>
is returning an error saying the volume named does not exist

then  I'd say the command line is getting truncated for some reason ...

        if you're not already doing so, just try running the command from the
command line - if you have the tools try and capture the command line that is
being executed, ie on solaris /usr/ucb/ps -auxwww | grep nsr
        remove any options from the command line that aren't necessary, like -v
and instead of using an input file specify a single saveset
        if the pool name has spaces then place quotes around the name, if not
remove the quotes
        and a real long shot, make sure that you aren't using any weird Unicode
versions of - or " ... if you've copied the command line from a webpage or
something, you might have picked up something nasty ...

Mat.