Networker

[Networker] About ESA-2011-013

2011-04-13 09:53:35
Subject: [Networker] About ESA-2011-013
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:47:28 -0400
Anyone know if this is a client or server issue?  The wording leaves everything
of importance
in doubt.  Is it a local or a remote exploit?  Does it affect every client or
just the
servers?  What file has the wrong permissions?  Can't even give me a simple
interim fix of

"chmod <newperms> <file>"

And the CVE-2011-1421 reference to a "RESERVED" vulnerability with no data is
equally useless
and annoying.

EMC, thanks for scaring me with vague incomplete unhelpful information.  You're
twelve days
late for April Fools and several months early for Halloween!